How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Albuquerque smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in full charge of your Albuquerque home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Albuquerque help you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View current or recorded video from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Albuquerque by setting schedules or creating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The main screen will show a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Albuquerque
Although many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and submit the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Albuquerque home security system. Contact (505) 605-2321 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.